Welcome developer to SkillGaming! Please take a moment to go through below the important milestones ensuring your game is listed swiftly and achieves maximum adoption.
As a developer, SkillGaming opens up significant revenue opportunities which traditional ad-based channels do not. But it is important that you and your team first classify which type of game you will be launching on the platform. You can decide if you wish to create a game which gamers play just for points (Virtual Game - VG) or a game that is fully integrated into SkillGaming and offered on all platforms including our Telegram bot (which reaches a theoretical user base of over 100 million), PC/Mac OSX, mobile (android/iOS) and which allows gamers to play and earn either 1 vs. CPU, P2P or Team on Team (Integrated Game - IG). Along with this, Integrated Games may also exclude any real-money element, if you the developer so wish, but instead be monetized through downloadable content (DLC) and skins.
Integrated games all carry revenue share for you, the developer. This is detailed in the Commercials section below.
SkillGaming is fully regulated and including the backing of our multi-million-dollar liquidity pool which acts as counterparty to all 1 vs. CPU challenges that are taken in your game, SkillGaming also offers a regulatory umbrella for skills-based-gaming that may occur in your game.
- For 1 vs. CPU challenges, SkillGaming only accepts games which are built with the Unity, Unreal or Construct 2 game engines. More engines are going to be supported in near future. For P2P gaming that does not require direct integration with our liquidity pool and where SkillGaming simply acts as escrow for the duration of games, any engine is supported.
- Games made with Unity can only be built for WebGL, PC/Mac OSX and android/iOS platforms.
- Games made with Construct 2 can only be built for HTML 5 for web-based builds. If you want your games to be added to our Telegram game bot, you must design your game in Construct 2.
- All web-based games that are to be featured on mobile phones and/or our Telegram bot, must use a 480(w) x 800(h) screen size, or support the same screen ratio (1.666f).
- All games must include an Init scene, to initialize the starting API call.
- All games should be able to call the end API call as soon as the game-over event occurs.
- Scores should not be stored anywhere inside the game. Scores of each round are only valid for that specific game session tied to a certain ID received by the starting API call.
- All code inside games should be obfuscated as much as reasonably practicable. Precautions should be taken that the code is guarded by certain security parameters and protocols. As these parameters are private, you will need to share the full source code of your games as well, to be able to participate in our program. A full NDA is available upon request.
- All games that are launched on and can be downloaded from SkillGaming sit on our secure servers.
- If your game features multiplayer action and is Unity based, we would advise you to use the Photon engine which integrates with our secure servers. This is not a requirement.
- Your final deliverable to us must have undergone thorough user-assisted testing (UAT). This process includes testing all levels and outcomes/scenarios on a range of devices and browsers/operating systems if you are going to be launching the game for these platforms. Errors picked up during SkillGaming's review period could result in the game getting rejected.
It is important that games submitted to SkillGaming are designed using latest human-interface-guidelines as created by Google and Apple. As a developer and designer, you should read these carefully ensuring your games submitted comply with these.
Google Android https://developer.android.com/design/
Apple Mac OS and iOS https://developer.apple.com/design/human-interface-guidelines/macos/overview/themes/
If your game contains excessive violence beyond what is found in modern triple A survival horror or first-person-shooter (FPS) games, it may be rejected and we may request you to redesign certain assets in the game. While adult themes are alright, child pornography and other non-mainstream adult themed games are strictly forbidden. Any games featuring hate-crime and/or racially charged material are likely to be rejected.
Developers who have invested in an ESRB or equivalent rating are likely to receive priority. It is also important to ensure that if the games include scenes that can induce certain physical reactions such as seizures, that this be highlighted to the SkillGaming team upon submission, to ensure end-client safety.
The code in your game will be thoroughly reviewed to check for backdoors, spoof, mitm and other vulnerabilities. It will also be reviewed for viruses, trojans and other malware that could hurt users. If such content is found, your game will be permanently rejected and your account, banned.
Each game submitted to SkillGaming, either in the Virtual Game or Integrated Game category, is thoroughly reviewed by our due-diligence team. For Integrated Games, the process can take between 2-6 weeks for testing, approval and integration. During the review phase, if our team has questions, they will contact you. Improvements and amendments to the game may be requested.
If the game is approved, you are notified and sent an offer of integration via our SkillGaming legal team. This offer includes a contract which you are required to review, agree to and sign, along with return to us.
If a game is integrated into SkillGaming, it will be done so under mutual legal contract between SkillGaming and you/your company. SkillGaming holds no exclusive rights nor requires these prior or post integration. However, the SkillGaming version of Integrated Games may, legally, be absorbed as part of SkillGaming’s intellectual property (IP) if the regulator requires it. This is handled on a case by case basis and prior to integration you will be informed if this is a requirement.
If the game contains real-money elements, it will be housed under our regulatory license in Curacao.
SkillGaming pays gamers payouts upon winning of their games and developers and affiliates based on volumes transacted (regardless of win or loss). For 1 vs. CPU challenges inside Integrated Games, SkillGaming offers developers a 33-40% revenue share. For example, if gamers have, in aggregate, generated revenues (not volume) of $3,000 in a month, you will receive $1,000-$1,200. The amount you earn depends on the adoption, virality and retention of users in your game. Typically, for a well-received game, gamers may generate around $10 of revenues per day per gamer and around 200 daily-active-users may be found playing with real-money inside your Integrated Game. This would equate to around $60,000 in revenues per calendar month, translating to $20,000-$24,000 in net payments to you per month. A game that has an existing user-base that you wish to migrate with you to SkillGaming or experiences significant virality inside SkillGaming amongst its own organic userbase, could see between 1,000-20,000 daily-active-users (DAC), thus resulting in a substantial income stream for you, the developer. It is important to note that this is not a guarantee for success on the platform and games may also be poorly received if they are not well designed.
For P2P duels made inside Integrated Games which are made between gamers and SkillGaming acts as an escrow for the duration of the game, SkillGaming offers developers a 33% revenue share. This applies to Team on Team gaming as well.
For DLC and skins sold inside Integrated Games, SkillGaming takes a 10% revenue share and offers 90% of proceeds to the developer.
Note that as a developer, your Integrated Title may include a combination of the above type of real-money games and DLC, thereby substantially enhancing your earnings potential on SkillGaming.
Payments are made to an online e-wallet (USD or fiat equivalent, BTC, ETH) or bank account of your choice. Please ensure to peruse our restricted countries list from which we neither accept developers nor offer any services to gamers.
Once you have taken all the above into consideration and your game is ready, please click here to submit your game.